¸¸,:•:*¨¨*:•:,¸¸,:•:*¨¨*:•:,¸¸,.•*•:*¨¨*:•:,¸¸,:•:*¨¨*:•:,¸¸,.•*•:*¨¨*:•:,¸¸,:•:*¨¨*:•:,¸¸,.•*¨¨*:•:,¸¸,:•:*¨¨*:•:,¸¸,.•*•:*¨¨*:•:,¸¸,:•:*¨¨*:•:,¸¸,.•*•:*¨¨*:•:,¸¸,:•:*¨¨*:•:,¸¸,.•*•:*¨¨*:•:,¸¸,:•:*

Would you wear and use a vintage pocket watch?

Friday, October 9, 2009

My Cowboy Hat Band



I am a fledgling participant in the time-honored tradition of "Cowboy Shooting".  No, we don't find cowboys and use them for target practice. Instead, we maneuver and shoot our way through courses designed to simulate wild west scenarios using revolvers, rifles and shotguns.  Since I am new to the sport, I needed to go out and find the missing but requisite outfit components, such as a hat.

Here is my hat!
The idea for the decoration on the band preceded the hat purchase,
but got done when I bought the hat the night before my very first shoot.  I wanted a more personal embellishment than the traditional feathers or beaded band.  (Oh, and I had about 20 minutes to complete this project before I had to leave the house for the evening and would have no chance to do it the next morning.)   Its' design will undoubtedly evolve as I find the time and inspiration to make it bigger and better!

My shooting persona also has ties to the clock making world, so it is doubly representative of me.

Another idea -- hat bands made out of beads and spent brass pistol cartridges; they look amazing! 
Perhaps I could open another shop....

~ DS



0 comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails